P1020029

p1020029.jpg

St. Andrews Churchyard

The end of this section of the Wall near Newgate Street. The plaque informs us that

"The thirteenth century New Gate, the largest gate on the wall, lay to the east of here.

It became the gaol for the County of Newcastle in 1399 and was demolished in 1823"

Photo album created with Web Album Generator